As the millennial reign of Christ approaches, so do the ominous hoof beats of the coming Tribulation. Biblical prophecy makes it clear that God is going to send a powerful delusion upon an unrepentant population. (2 Thess. 2:8-12)
Ever since sin entered the garden, mankind has chosen self over God. It is the result of our fallen nature. God has been patient, giving mankind every opportunity to repent, but time is running short.
The desire to live our own lives apart from God is just as strong today as it was in the beginning. Today, we have Wicca, Scientology, Humanism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Universalism, Rastafarianism, Agnosticism, Atheism, Islam, etc... Mankind's attempt to bring meaning to their lives apart from YHWH continues to occupy the minds of the majority of the population as they spend their time fulfilling their own desires and seeking their own "truth"... a truth that fits their own individual moral code. Christians know there is only one "truth," and that is Jesus (John 14:6)
What happens when an individual, group, city, nation or worldwide population becomes stiff necked, hard hearted, and turn their backs on God, choosing instead to satisfy their own fleshly desires and worship their own false gods? The bible is full of examples of the consequences of these actions. Here are just a few you may be familiar with:
- The fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 3)
- The great worldwide flood. (Genesis 6-7)
- The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and their inhabitants. (Genesis 19:1-25)
- The fall of Nineveh (Nahum 1-3)
- 40 Years of wandering in the desert because a generation was denied entrance into the promised land. (Numbers 14)
... and numerous incidences of God's chosen being taken into captivity.
After these judgments, mankind, as a whole, has still refused to repent. Lessons learned are soon forgotten as time passes and memories fade. So here we are today, in what people would like to believe is a more enlightened age. As mankind continues to push God away, they are unwittingly setting themselves up for the consequences to follow, just as those who have lived before us have done. This time, the consequences will involve falling under a strong delusion that God is going to send during the Tribulation.
What exactly is the definition of a delusion?
Strong's: Delusion(4106) plané Error, delusion, deception
Oxford Dictionary: "an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument..."
Cambridge Dictionary: "something a person believes and wants to be true, when it is actually not true"
Mirriam Webster: "something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated"
Some of the consequences of this "delusion" will be:
-Being ensnared by a one world religion and one world government/economic system
- Receiving the mark of the Beast, declaring themselves an enemy of God, suffering God's wrath during the Tribulation, and sealing their ultimate fate.
- Being deceived into believing that Christians are the enemy and participating in the worldwide persecution and execution of born-again believers.
So, who exactly are these people who will fall under this strong deceptive influence? Read Romans 1:18-32, John 8:42-47, and 2 Thess. 2:8-12. As you can see, mankind hasn't changed throughout the course of human history. Mankind's increase in knowledge has allowed us to invent new and convenient ways to sin, but our sin nature has not changed. It rules the lives of those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and of those who refuse to live in obedience to God's word. Sin also challenges born-again believers, who continue to live in these fleshly tents and experience daily battles.
Man's heart is wicked, God's word tells us so (Jeremiah 17:9, Matthew 15:19). Being under the influence of this strong delusion will cause reason and logic to fly out the window. As a result, the majority will not experience a repentant heart as they endure the judgments of God during the Tribulation. No. Instead of coming to God on their knees, they will do just the opposite. They will shake their fists at God, curse Him, and reject Him. (Rev. 16:8-11)
When we harden our heart toward God, our connection with Him is severed. We hinder and quench the Holy Spirit and begin living our lives in the flesh. (Heb 3:12-19 , Prov. 29:1 and 1 Thess. 5:19) Those promises of God that we believed He would fulfill (if we ever truly believed in Him) are void, because they are conditional. Many people throughout biblical history have hardened their heart toward God and lived to realize the consequences of their actions:
- The generation that perished as they wandered for 40 years in the desert
- King Nebuchadnezzar
Even the disciples had developed a hard heart which blinded them to the truth (Mark 6:35-52, Mark 8:14-21).
Why would a loving God purposely send a strong delusion to deceive those who have not yet made a decision for Jesus? Wouldn't that be a contradiction in God's word? Didn't Yeshua (Jesus) die so that all could be saved?
God will be sending this strong delusion at a time when born-again believers have already been raptured, rescued in the blink of an eye from the 7-year tribulation to come. Those remaining on the earth will be in one of two groups:
- Those who come to repentance and choose to live their life for Yeshua (yes, it is still possible to become a born-again believer during the Tribulation).
- Those who will continue to reject God.
Unfortunately, with the Holy Spirit no longer holding back the full force of evil in the world after the rapture, Christians during this time will suffer worldwide persecution. That would include the United States as well. Even now, Christians are being persecuted all over the world. Even in the United States, bible believing Christians are being classified as radicals and possible terrorists. We are in the first stages of worsening persecution.
During the Tribulation, those living under this strong delusion will honestly believe that they are performing a beneficial act for the good of mankind and world peace by persecuting, arresting, torturing and killing those that they deem "intolerant," "racist," "judgmental," "divisive," "dangerous," and, believe it or not, "delusional." But that's not all. Sin's ferocity, no longer restrained, will be multiplied many times over.
This strong delusion will help the Antichrist affirm his position as the head of the New World Order, a one world government. Most inhabitants of the planet will see him as mankind's savior during a time of economic and social upheaval.
- Biblical prophecy reveals that God is going to send a strong worldwide delusion during the Tribulation.
- This delusion will affect everyone who is not a true born-again believer.
- Those under this delusion will eagerly and willingly take the mark of the Beast and even worship him and his image.
- Christians will be persecuted and martyred by those who believe they are actually doing something good.
- Biblical history reveals a multitude of examples of God's righteous judgments against a wicked, rebellious and unrepentant individual, group, city, nation and world population.
- This delusion will help cement the position of the Antichrist as the head of the one world government and as mankind's savior.
- This is just the precursor to their eventual defeat and eternal punishment.
Don't leave yourself open to this delusion. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today.
All scripture, unless otherwise noted, is quoted from the New American Standard Bible
Repent and be forgiven! Believe and be saved!