It's not difficult to picture a time in the near future when the world will experience the fulfillment of biblical prophecy concerning the Tribulation. The purpose is to have valuable information set aside to share with others in your community who are unsaved and who find themselves living through the Tribulation. It's a great evangelizing tool to bring the salvation message and the word of God to those who are not yet born again believers. It's a way of sharing God's word while you're here and to evangelize the lost should you lose your life during this prophesied time of God's judgment.
What are some of the things to include?
- BIBLE: The first thing you should include is a bible. You can include the version of your choice. You can include the entire bible or just include the New Testament. It depends on how much money you're able to spend and how many Tribulation Kits you want to put together. You can find paperback bibles and New Testaments.
- TRACTS: The second thing you should include are Tracts. You may not know who is receiving the kit, so try to include several tracts that explain the message of salvation in different ways. There are even some cartoon tracts out there that are written to give an easy to understand explanation of the salvation message. I, personally, have about 8 different tracts, not including the tract cards I include as well.
- WRITTEN INFORMATION: Those living through the Tribulation need to know what's happening and what's to come, so a letter or homemade booklet would be beneficial to whoever is picking up that packet of information. I've even printed off pages from online sources to add to my kit. You can include hard copy information about salvation, the Tribulation, God's salvation plan for mankind, etc... You can even include a tribulation timeline that you can find online, so that they'll know what's coming and in what order.
- DVD/CD: If you're able to download some Christian YouTube videos, then you can burn them to a DVD. The same could be said for Christian music. You can burn a CD of your favorite Christian praise and worship music. Use a marker to write on the DVD/CD or buy some DVD labels and affix them to the DVD's and CD's.
- FLASH DRIVE: You can use this in addition to the DVD/CD option for video and music and as another option for hardcopy information. Now you no only have physical copies of information on a DVD, CD, or printed on paper, you also all of that copied to the flash drive. Just figure out how much information you want to save on the flash drive (calculating extra space in case you want to add more information or if the recipient wants to add more information). I've even added free online bibles (various versions) on to flash drives, along with survival information, first aid information, etc...
- A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA: Add a little something extra to your Tribulation Kit. I've added a small gift... a simple wooden cross necklace with a breakaway cord. The ones I chose are inexpensive and can be purchased through Oriental Trading.
- ANYTHING YOU THINK IS IMPORTANT: The great thing about a Tribulation Kit is that you can include anything you want, so if you think it's important to include, then add it to your packet. That includes online information, a copy of the book of John, a small med kit with basic first-aid items, etc... Whatever you include is up to you. That's why every Tribulation kit will be different.
So how do I put everything together?
- CONTAINERS: Well, that depends on how much physical material you have. It could be as simple as slipping everything into a large manila envelope or zip lock freezer bag. If that's not going to be large enough, you can use small bins or cardboard boxes. You can use manila envelopes and/or cardboard containers if you plan to store them away from any water source, but I suggest using large zip lock freezer bags or small storage bins that stack. If you need something larger than a gallon sized zip lock freezer bag, they sell jumbo 2.5 gallon zip lock bags, if you need them that size.
- LABELS: Well, there's one more thing to do. You need to let people know what's in the kit, so you'll want to label them. You can make a hand written label or print something off and then affix it to the outside of the kit so that it's easily identifiable in case you're not around to share them with others (We're no guaranteed survival through the entire Tribulation). It can be something as simple as, "Tribulation Kit" or you can create a more detailed label that includes the items. It doesn't matter what information you choose to include as long as it's labeled.
- SPECIAL NOTE: If you believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture or Mid-Tribulation Rapture, you could also leave printed information about that event as well. If you believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture, then you can read my article about an After Rapture Kit (ARK) by clicking HERE.
Everything's been packaged and labeled. Now what?
- STORAGE: You'll want to find a safe dry place to store your Tribulation Kits, but try to keep them in plain sight. If they're individual kits in envelopes or zip locked bags, you can place them in a protective covered storage bin or even in a cardboard box, but be sure to place a label on the outside so that everyone knows what it contains. If they're stored in individual bins, then stack them somewhere out of the way, but still in plain sight. They'll all be labeled, so you're good to go (be sure to label the side or end of the bins that will be visible).
- PRAYER: Pray over the kits that you've assembled. Your hope should be that they all get into the hands of those who need them before anyone else finds them and destroys them. Remember, all Christian materials will most likely be outlawed at a certain point during the Tribulation, so it's important for the kits to get into the hands that can benefit from them.
- TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY: Don't keep these Tribulation Kits a secret. Make sure you share the information with family and friends so that they'll know where to go when the Tribulation begins and they need to be equipped with the tools they'll need. If they're not born again believers suggest that they take a packet home and leave it in a secure place for a day and time when they'll need them, then you can share some of them now. Otherwise, at least they'll know where to find them when they need them.
Is there anything else I can do?
Other than the Tribulation Kit and evangelizing now, consider leaving behind tracts in/on those things that people will most likely take during the Tribulation if you're not there (again, it's more than likely that we'll die either from the judgments of God or from the persecution and execution of Christians). Maybe tape a tract on the back of a flat screen television, computer, and other high priced items, so if they're stolen, at least they have another opportunity to hear the salvation message. Leave Christian materials in your emergency food stash and in your first aid/medical supplies and attached to the inside of your medicine cabinet door. Consider placing a Tribulation Kit in your vehicle glove box and/or hanging one in your closet for people looking for clothing. I'm sure you can be imaginative and think of other great places to leave a Tribulation Kit or tract. Bring a kit to work and leave it in a desk drawer or file cabinet. Again, pray that your efforts will be fruitful.
Please take the time to leave a comment below and share your ideas for what you plan to include in your Tribulation Kit as well as any ideas you may have where you could leave kits or tracts in your home. God bless!!!
REPENT, AND BE FORGIVEN!
BELIEVE, AND BE SAVED!